Dental Veneers and Dental Laminates Albany, NY
We provide dental veneers so that patients can restore damaged teeth or transform their smile into something beautiful. At Jignya Dharia DDS LLC, we often treat patients that have a variety of dental concerns. Some patients visit our Albany office because they break their tooth, while others are looking to create a Hollywood smile. Most people are candidates for the procedure as long as their tooth structure and roots are in place. If, however, you have a cavity or gum disease, this will need to be treated before we complete the procedure.
If you want to learn more about dental veneers, we recommend that you call (518) 463-2622 to schedule an appointment. We are a provider of veneers and can let you know if they will help you to achieve the goals that you have for your smile.
What is a Dental Veneer?
A veneer is a thin shell that is made out of porcelain or ceramic. The shade of the veneer, along with its shape and size will be made to match your surrounding teeth so that it blends in perfectly.
How is a Dental Veneer Used?
We can accomplish a variety of things using dental veneers. By placing veneers on top of the teeth, we can close gaps, make teeth even in length, cover dark stains and create a uniform looking smile. In this way, veneers can create a smile that rivals the most famous Hollywood stars. The nice thing is that you do not have to be famous to improve your smile. You simply need to call 518-463-2622 and schedule an appointment to see Dr. Dharia.
Albany, New York Veneers
We also use dental veneers for restorations. When teeth become cracked, chipped or broken, a veneer can restore the tooth to its full functionality. As long as the tooth structure is intact, we can restore the appearance of a tooth while making it possible to eat and speak without feeling any discomfort.
When patients visit our Jignya Dharia DDS LLC offices, we will take an impression of their teeth to create the veneers in a lab. The veneers will match the size, shape, and color of your teeth, taking a week or more to create.
In order to place dental veneers, we will first prepare your tooth by removing a portion of the enamel. This helps the veneer lay flat and in line with your gum tissue. After preparing the tooth, we will secure a temporary veneer using removable glue. While wearing a temporary veneer, it is important to brush your teeth gently and avoid eating any foods that may push it out of place. Since it is secured by removable glue, it can be moved fairly easily.
When your permanent veneers are ready, you will come back into our Jignya Dharia DDS LLC offices so that we can remove the temporary and ensure that the new veneer is a perfect fit. It is typically attached using a water based solution to see how it looks. If any adjustments need to be made, it will be done at this time. Otherwise, the tooth will be cleaned, and the dental veneer will be bonded to the tooth. Patients will enjoy how the results look. They are instant, and you can start flashing your smile right away.
After the Procedure
Your teeth will typically be sore for a few days after the preparation phase and after placing the permanent veneers. During this time, you can take pain medication to help you stay comfortable. Patients can also benefit from getting rest and using a cold compress to reduce any swelling. We recommend that patients watch what they eat for a few days and stick with foods that are soft. While there is a short recovery time when getting veneers, the procedure is entirely worth it because in the end, you will have a beautiful smile.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
One main benefit of veneers that patients enjoy is how the veneers make their teeth look. This procedure is an excellent solution, since the veneers can transform your smile into one that looks perfect and beautiful. The veneer uses your natural teeth, so there is no need for surgery, and the recovery time is reduced. Since the veneers are made to match your other teeth, they will look natural, and no one will be able to tell that you had any cosmetic dentistry work completed. Another benefit is that they are made out of a stain resistant material. This means that your teeth will stay whiter and brighter, even if your favorite beverage is a hot cup of coffee. We can use dental veneers to transform your smile.
Check out what others are saying about our dental veneer and laminate services on Yelp: Veneers and Laminates Albany
Albany, New York Dental Laminates
As with most cosmetic procedures, there can be some discomfort associated with getting dental veneers installed. This is to be expected, however, we do our best to keep patients comfortable during the procedure so that you will not experience any pain while the veneers are being placed or your teeth are being prepared. The process can take several weeks so there will be a period where you need to be careful about what you eat and what activities you engage in. In other words, do not play football after getting temporary veneers placed onto your teeth. You should schedule the procedure for a time where you will be close to home and able to take easy.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- An allograft is a graft of tissue from a donor within the same species as the patient that is not a genetic relative.
- Alveolar Ridge
- The alveolar ridge is the bony ridge for one of the jaw ridges located on the roof of the mouth or on the bottom of the mouth.
- An autograft is a graft of tissue from one portion of an individual’s body to another.
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Cap Splint
- A cap splint is a plastic or metallic device that professionals may use to treat mandible or maxillary fractures and cover crowns of teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Crown Lengthening
- Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure that increases the extent of a tooth structure for restorative or esthetic purposes.
- Dental Crown
- A crown is an artificial tooth, usually consisting of porcelain, which covers the top of the implant to provide people with an aesthetically pleasing and fully-functional tooth.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
Back to top of Veneers and Laminates